Tuesday 15 August 2017

I'm no good with farewells, I much prefer just a 'See you later'...

Even though we both know that we won't see each other once again...
- I Need You/Buono!

Well, as mentioned a month ago, this is it.
Thank you for following along with this blog through its four years, over what my tags tell me totalled over 700 translations, both short and long.

I've learnt a lot over this four years, and not just in terms of Japanese.
Subtitling, image editing, philosophising on the art of translation...
These probably wouldn't have happened without the time I spent filling up this blog.

My target was at least one decently-sized translation a week.
I think I managed to do pretty well on that.
It was a useful constraint that kept me committed and let me continue improving.

There's still some things left hanging, but I suspect that they'd probably keep on hanging even if I had all the time in the world.
I plan to take some time to hopefully recentre myself, and see how things go on from there.
I'll still hopefully be around, here and there.
And maybe someday I'll be back, perhaps in some different form.
I don't intend to give up being an idol wota any time soon. After all, Momo herself has said that she hopes we keep on supporting idol culture.

But when all's said and done, with all the recent changes in H!P, it feels like a whole different ballgame nowadays.
In some ways, it's barely even the same H!P that I remember from a couple of months ago.
Guess it's now my turn to wave off.
After all, to me, it feels like the H!P that I remember has already waved goodbye...



Thank you again for these four years.

Mata aeru yo ne
(We'll meet again, won't we?
- Love Together/Berryz Kobo

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your hard work!! You've translated so many different and interesting things over the years. Thank you for sharing your translations with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all. I wish you the best in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khushboo Ice Cream is one of the Natural Ice Cream Manufacturer in India. we are able to provide best quality products to our clients. Besides, we are providing high quality range of Candy Ice Cream . we have been able to provide utmost fulfilment to our clients. We have a team of skilled and professional employees who work dedicatedly and they are helping us to fulfil our dreams and achieving our goals. More Ice Cream Avail Such as Cone Ice Cream, Novelties Ice Cream , Family Pack Ice Cream


    ReplyDelete