Tuesday 23 May 2017

Momochi no Kimochi: Tears (Essay #22/22)



I got to go to a primary school for a month to do practical teacher training as part of my university studies. I’m an idol 24 hours a day, and my aura of cuteness shines bright around the clock. But since I’d be at school, I’d have to work hard to conceal that aura. At any rate, the nickname ‘Momochi’ and the Momochi Musubi were no-nos. As a result, my students didn’t seem to have noticed, and my teaching practice went by without a hitch. Of course it was better that way, but to me, it felt a bit sad, like a piece of myself had been taken away from me……

In that state of mind, I approached my final day. My students had never called me anything but ‘Tsugunaga-sensei’. But after I had said my farewells, with a ‘one two’, they said ‘We love Momochi~!’ I hadn’t expected this surprised, so I was caught off-guard. No matter when I dealt with my students, I’d tried not to let that part of me show. I’m known to be an iron-hearted woman, who would hardly, if ever, show my tears in front of people. And yet, I was crying buckets…… Like something out of a drama, it was a beautiful story, a beautiful scene, and they were also beautiful tears. The smiles on the faces of my students were of course so wonderful that it was almost blinding.

You know. Because of that, how do I put this…… Thinking about it now, there was a camera when it happened! Since it was really a truly lovely scene! Perhaps if we had given it another try, I would have properly looked at the camera, and cried nicely. I’m confident that I could pull it off! But I definitely would like to be in the Momochi Musubi if we did that ♪


Tsugunaga Momoko Photo Essay "Momochi no Kimochi" / Momoko Tsugunaga
Momoko Tsugunaga

1 comment:

  1. awww! you look so cute and adorable in the picture! It must have been a sad moment for both you and your students but you both are left with wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete