Tuesday 25 April 2017

Momochi no Kimochi: Nervousness (Essay #17/22)



Recently, I haven't been nervous at all during concerts. It's like I've almost forgotten how it's like to be nervous.

Before, I used to fret about making mistakes, but nowadays, I'm fine even if there are 5000 people in the audience.

And yet, I get nervous when I have to talk in front of about 30 people.

In the past, I used to be bad at reading aloud in classes, so bad that I'd even read out '.' as 'full stop'.
Or my palms would get sweaty as I waited for my turn to arrive.

Even now, when I have to make presentations in front of ten people at university seminars, just standing in front of people makes my heart pound, my face red. I feel running away while screaming 'Please don't look at me!'

At those times, I'd cheerfully start with a 'Right, let's get this talk started♪' This makes me feel like I'm pretty much at a concert, which steadies myself a little. I bear these words in my heart: 'This isn't a classroom. This is Nakano Sunplaza!'


Tsugunaga Momoko Photo Essay "Momochi no Kimochi" / Momoko Tsugunaga
Momoko Tsugunaga

No comments:

Post a Comment