Saturday 1 April 2017

Momochi no Kimochi: 1st April (Essay #14/22)

Caption on photo in the middle of the right page: From '2007 Sakura Mankai Berryz Kobo Live ~Sono Kandou ha Nidotonai Shunkan de aru!~' held on the 1st of April 2007
On April Fools' Day, corporations make majestic jokes, and these jokes keep on getting better and more exciting than before. But for me, I think that idols shouldn't tell lies, so the day always ends without me pulling any pranks. It's not because it would such a pain to establish an elaborate set-up that would make my lie seem realistic, no, nothing like that ♪

Maybe because I don't pull pranks, pranks don't seem to get pulled on me either. Well, I'm most interested in myself and I don't really get concerned about others, so maybe I just don't notice. (laughs) And another big thing might be that even if I noticed it, I'd just react with an 'Ah, is that so~', and that would be the end of it. (Teehee ♥) But I guess April Fools' isn't something huge for me? Instead, I get more excited on the day before that, the 31st, when I can get 31% off at a a certain ice cream store. So to me, April Fools' feels more like 'The day after 31% off' for me.

However, when it comes to the 1st of April, I do have one huge memory. In 2007, Berryz Kobo got to do a concert on our own at the Saitama Super Arena. That was on the 1st of April. You know, I was really nervous about it. I thought that it might not be true. Even when the fans at handshake events brought up the fact that our arena performance was coming up soon, I wondered if they were in on some large-scale prank. What if they raised the curtains, and there would be no one in the audience, or there'd be just a single person standing there holding a sign to tell us we had been pranked...? Up until the day itself, I constantly had my doubts. Of course that wasn't the case, so all it amounted to was pointless worrying. If that had been an April Fools' joke, that probably would have been enough for the rest of my life.


Tsugunaga Momoko Photo Essay "Momochi no Kimochi" / Momoko Tsugunaga
Momoko Tsugunaga

No comments:

Post a Comment