Tuesday 31 January 2017

Momochi no Kimochi: Nickname (Essay #11/22)


From way back, I've always been given nicknames that are close to 'Momoko', such as 'Momo-chan' or 'Momoko-chan'. Maybe it's because my family name 'Tsugunaga' is difficult to read. Which reminds me, in the past, Yaguchi Mari-san gave me the nickname Maru-chan, from Momoko→Sakura MomokoMaru-chan. It was an extremely reckless situation in the middle of an interview, so that nickname was given in desperation. It didn't sink in at all after that, it hasn't even seen any use. [laughs]

'Maru-chan' was still cute though. Of the nicknames I've been given so far, the nickname I hated the most was 'Momotaro'. When I was in kindergarten, there was this really persistent boy who would call me that, I hated it so much that I felt like taking a break from school. Every day, he would ask 'Oi Momotaro, gimme a kibi dango', just like the legend. As I am now, I would probably come back with a 'Are you a pheasant!?', also in reference to the legend. But I was a shy girl at the time, so I couldn't say anything at all ♥ But that boy liked me. Which reminds me, in kindergarten, there apparently were two other boys who proposed to me (according to Mama). That was my period of MAX popularity ☆


Tsugunaga Momoko Photo Essay "Momochi no Kimochi" / Momoko Tsugunaga
Momoko Tsugunaga

No comments:

Post a Comment