Tuesday 25 October 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk 12: Shimizu Saki x Tsugunaga Momoko

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Shimizu Saki X Tsugunaga Momoko

♥♥♥

Momochi, have you never thought about becoming the captain?

Tsugunaga: Honestly, there was a point in time when I was aiming to be the captain (laughs). At the time, I did all sorts of things, thinking that I, rather than Saki-chan, should bring the group together. But a manager-san pulled me aside and told me 'Tsugunaga, you don't need to do that. It'll be better to just stir up the group'. I was like, 'Ah, is that so? I see~' (laughs).

Shimizu: But compared to when we made our debut, there's been a drastic drop in the number of scoldings we've been getting. I hate to get scolded, so I'm pleased with our current state, where we can do what we want. But without getting told off at all, we'll end up just stuck in our current state, and I'd hate that as well. I guess that I need something to brace myself.

Tsugunaga: As we got older, people stopped telling us off. While it's intimidating to get told off, maybe because they're heaping expectations upon us, the scolding makes us blossom. Scoldings are magnificent.

Shimizu: We're entering our 10th year this year, which means we're pretty senior within Hello! Project as well. Our perspective has really changed.

♥♥♥

Well then, what was your first impression when you first met one another?

Shimizu: Momo had this aura that seemed to scream 'I'm cute'. She was overflowing with confidence. I had nothing like that. So I felt that we were completely different types, despite being the same age.

Tsugunaga: Back then, Saki-chan was boyish, in terms of clothes, like you wore shorts. But recently, I often hear you being told that you've gotten cute, or that you've become mature, or that you're becoming like a twenty year old, so I feel really left behind. I rarely get told things like that, so when I hear people say things like that to you nowadays, I tell myself that perhaps one of my plus points is that I don't change (laughs). Also, you were really good at dancing, and despite being a beginner, the teachers really commented on the fact that you had a good sense for it. Even though we were fellow beginners, I felt the staggering difference between how fast we caught on to things.

Shimizu: You were really proactive when it came to work, so you were the one I was most impressed with. I was amazed by how you opened up your own path, without being swept away by those around you.

Tsugunaga: How cool! Sounds like I was a super-primary-schooler (laughs).

Shimizu: That's true (laughs). Without any hesitation, you tried your hand at one challenge after another, and I can't really imagine Momo being negative.

♥♥♥

In ten years time, what sort of woman do you think the other will be like?

Tsugunaga: Captain says that she's the devoted type, so I think that when she meets her Prince Charming, she'll be devoted to him. If it's a guy that she thinks is The One, if he were to say 'Let's get married tomorrow', she'd end up immediately saying yes (laughs).

♥♥♥

Shimizu: In my mind, Momo's a capable woman. She's serious, and I think she'll be a woman who'll get things done.

Captain, from your eyes, is Momochi reliable?

Shimizu: I've never had a deep, face-to-face discussion with her, but she seems to understand everything when it comes to work. I can rely on her when it comes to that. When push comes to shove, she understands things without me telling her. It's like we're thinking the same thing, it feels like there's a 'telepathy' between us that the others can't grasp.

Tsugunaga: Since it's transmitted through my pinky.

Shimizu: Not your pinky though (laughs), it's something that's between me and you.

Tsugunaga: I'm sure that I receive it through my pinky. It's a transceiver (laughs).

She understands what you're going through, and helps out?

Shimizu: It depends on the time and place. There are times when it's just the two of us, and it just ends with a quick agreement, and there are times when we're doing our best and it's like 'I'm going to do this, so you do this'.

Tsugunaga: For example, if the script tells us to touch on a subject, but we both mutually understand that there's no way that we'd be able to expand on that subject, we'll touch on it for about 30 seconds and then switch topics. Like I'll butt in with something else, and Saki-chan would drop the topic.

Shimizu: We often do that sort of tag-teaming.

I see. Having been doing it together for 10 years, you're able to grasp each other's role, and perhaps that's the reason why you're able to pull off the feat of telepathy. Momochi, is there anything that you rely on Saki-chan for?

Shimizu: But I generally feel that Momo hardly ever needs to come to me, going 'Captain, Captain'. She'll do something about it by herself, so it lessens the burden on me.

♥♥♥

Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

No comments:

Post a Comment