Tuesday 3 May 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk 19: Nakajima Saki x Suzuki Airi

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Nakajima Saki X Suzuki Airi

╖╖╖

In a different way from Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute's dances have their own characteristics. I think that Airi-chan's sharp dancing and Saki-chan's flexible dancing are highly regarded, but what do you think?

Suzuki: Nacky's got long limbs, and I always think that it's nice how her movements seem wide, that they've got a charm to them. Actually, I'm flexible. I feel like I've got no sharpness to my dancing. I can't stop at where I should, and when I studied dancing in the past, I was told that I don't stop at the parts where I should. So I wouldn't say that I've got sharpness. I think that there's lots that I have to learn by watching, but so far, I still haven't grasped them.

Nakajima: Dancing is difficult, isn't it? The experience changes depending on the viewer. We've been told that I've got sharpness, while Airi's got flexibility. The weave of Airi's dancing is amazing. She really is supple.

Suzuki: Nacky's amazing too!

Nakajima: Airi, you're skilled at moving your hips. And that's why you've got such an amazing waist (laughs). And recently, you've gotten good at using your neck. 

Suzuki: Thank you! I think that I found out the importance of the neck by watching Takahashi (Ai)-san. Also, (Natsuyaki) Miyabi's the same as well, she's good at using her neck, her hair moves so nicely. Miyabi's also good at using her shoulders.

Nakajima: Ah, Miyabi-chan, she's good with her shoulders.

╖╖╖

Nakajima: When I'd just joined the Hello! Project Kids, I honestly hated [dancing]. I couldn't dance at all, so I'd be in the team who would be left behind and couldn't go home until the end [of lessons]. I really hated it, I just kept crying. But now, I enjoy it. Ever since Berryz Kobo made their debut, when ℃-ute were at the bottom of the food chain, we continued on with dance lessons, and that's when I came to like it.


╖╖╖

Suzuki: Originally, I wanted to sing and dance like BoA-san, and roughly around when I was in the middle classes of kindergarten, I started going to dance school, but I had no confidence. Actually, even now, I'd like to properly start over on my basics. 


╖╖╖

How were the dance lessons when you were in the H!P Kids?

Nakajima: We were the background dancers for the senpai at the Hello! Project concerts, so basically, we first had to get the moves down for those. Airi had already studied dancing, but the other girls couldn't learn the moves in one day, we'd need to spend about 2 days to memorise them.


╖╖╖

Nakajima: We met Natsu (Mayumi)-sensei the other day, and she was like 'Eh? Nakajima-chan!?', 'Could it be, Airi-chan?' While she had to confirm with us, it made us really happy that she remembered all our names.


╖╖╖

Suzuki: When we were in the Kids, we'd ultimately get told off by the teachers whatever we did. From the eyes of a child, the teachers were really strict. We'd get told off even if we didn't make mistakes, we'd get told off if we did things normally but were lacking in motivation, at any rate, we'd get told off (laughs). I really wondered at the time, when we grew up, would the teachers talk with us just like how they talked with Morning Musume。-san!?......

Nakajima: We did think that (laughs)! We've grown up, so recently the teachers have all been gentle with us, but it begs the question of whether they're nice because we've developed, or are they kind simply because we've become senpai (laughs)? The kouhai's are the one's getting the scholdings. Watching that, I wish them all the best!

Suzuki: You feel like giving them a hand somehow, don't you? Even now, I still remember the senpai that helped us out when we were going through those times, so I'd like to be a senpai like that.

It's because of that build-up that you're who you are now.


╖╖╖

Is there a dance that left a deep memory?

Nakajima: I really liked the dance medley we did on the 'Chou Uranaito!!' tour (℃-ute concert tour 2010 Summer Autumn ~Dance Special!! "Chou Uranaito!!"~')

Suzuki: That was great! You could say that it was a concert that launched ℃-ute once again. We started putting in solo dances since then. Nacky hurt her legs, but without that, we wouldn't have become like this.

Nakajima: That's true! We did our best (laughs).

Suzuki: It was around then that the way we thought about dancing changed greatly as well. I really think that it was those concerts that richly embedded ℃-ute = Dance.


That's how much you focused on dancing, huh.



╖╖╖

Well then, 10 years in the future, how will the 2 of you be like?

Nakajima: Airi will definitely continue on singing. She'll also dance, but don't you think she'd be a good guitar player as well?

Suzuki: I'd like that to happen! I think that Nacky will model. You've got long legs, and there have been moments recently where you haven't been like an idol, in a good way.

Nakajima: I'd like to do that. It feels like the 2 of us won't get married, and we'll be working. Airi, you yourself have said that you definitely won't be able to get married.

Suzuki: There's too many things that I want to do, and I was told by a fortune teller that until I sort those out, I won't be able to get married (laughs). I wonder if Nacky's will come quick, or if it'll come late.

Nakajima: This is what the fortune teller told me: If I miss my timing to get married, it'll happen really late.

Suzuki: The two of us really like our fortunes being told, and really put our faith in them, so we'll be really late to marry (laughs). But 10 years on, who knows what will happen?

╖╖╖

No comments:

Post a Comment