Tuesday 1 March 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Tokunaga Chinami x Okai Chisato

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Tokunaga Chinami X Okai Chisato

千千千千千

Chisato-chan, is there any type of food that you can eat any amount of, like how Chinami-chan can eat any amount of soba?

Okai: I like spicy foods or food that tastes rich, so I'd be able to do that with food like Korean soup. The side menus at various yakiniku stores are really delicious,  and I'll have all the mini-sized varieties. Negi shio ramen, galbi gukbap, vegetable soup, chilled noodles, negi tamago gohan, I'll eat all of those. I can change by 3 kilos if I've been eating meat for a day.

Tokunaga: Korean cuisine is yummy. When Berryz Kobo went to Korea before, the 7 of us ate 20 people's worth of bulgogi. 

Okai: That sounds nice~. I'd like to eat throughout the year. When it comes to delicious stores, my desire to go drop by several of them in one day gives me so much energy. I'd like to eat continuously. I love it!

Tokunaga: There's lots of food at Disneyland, so I really eat on the move whenever I go. Like spring rolls, pizza, and chicken!

Okai: OMG, they're all delicious!

Tokunaga: I'd buy 3 varieties of popcorn as the main course, then I'd put chicken into the opened packaging and nosh on it while lining up for attractions (laughs). I love having fun while eating, so Disneyland truly is the Land of Dreams to me. When I go to Disneyland, just my expenses on food can go to 10,000 yen. 

Okai: Normally it'd amount to 10,000 yen with tickets and souvenirs, wouldn't it? It's amazing to spend 10,000 yen on food only!

Tokunaga: Yup, it disappears in no time.

The scale seems to be getting bigger as we go along (laughs). Have the 2 of you always been big eaters since the past?

Okai: When we made our debut as the Hello! Project Kids, I didn't really eat that much. It was about last year when I started feeling that I could really eat, and then I immediately started eating.

Tokunaga: I've always been eating a lot since I was small, and as a child, I was chubby. Looking at photos from back then, they're all photos of me eating. Like eating a crepe, eating ice cream, eating shibatsuke. That hasn't changed, even now (laughs).

Okai: But how are you so slim? You've got such a great figure.

Tokunaga: I don't really do anything in particular. Weighing myself is such a pain that I don't bother. 

Okai: I get the shivers when I go to weigh myself. When I myself think that I'm in the danger zone, the fans that have been around from way back will also tell me 'You're putting on weight, so be careful'.

Tokunaga: The heck is up with that? If someone told me that, I'd be like 'Back off!'

Okai: How cool (laughs)!

Tokunaga: I really hate it when people tell me that my physique is like this or that. Even when our manager-san tells me 'You've gotten fat', in my mind, I'm thinking 'Hang on...'

Well, that's the manager's job though (laughs).

Tokunaga: I know that it's their job, and that they're saying it for my sake, but before those thoughts come to mind, I immediately think 'Why do you have to put it that way?'

千千千千千

Tokunaga: At the recent BeriKyuu concert ('Berryz Kobo & ℃-ute Collabo Concert Tour 2011 Autumn ~BeriKyuu Island~'), I thought that you sang with your whole body. You were singing and dancing full throttle, and it was amazing how your body was full of power. At the concert, you sang 'Romantic Ukare Mode' solo, and the whole venue got pumped up. I really felt the energy radiating from you.

Okai: That makes me happy. Those kinds of stories rarely get talked about, so it makes me rally happy~

千千千千千

Okai: I listen to more songs sung by men rather than by women, so I aim to bring out my voice strongly like how guys do it. Depending on how you listen to it, it might sound messy, as I'm unable to immediately connect my breaths, but I feel that a strong voice might be easier to listen to. I do think about breath management though.....

Tokunaga: Miya and Airi have this feminine gracefulness to them, but perhaps because you listen to male vocals, you've got a lot of spirit, which makes for a different performance.

千千千千千


No comments:

Post a Comment