Tuesday 22 March 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk 47: Yajima Maimi x Nakajima Saki

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Yajima Maimi X Nakajima Saki

///

It's been 10 years since you joined the H!P Kids, but on that note, in 3 years time, ℃-ute will be celebrating your 10th anniversary.

Nakajima: 3 years! Whoa, that's close!!

Yajima: Isn't it kind of terrifying (laughs)!?

Nakajima: Now we're in our 7th year, which means that lots of people have watched ℃-ute throughout that period, but looking back on the past, there were lots of times when I think that we should have worked harder. So I'd like to face the 3 years until we hit our 10th anniversary with even more seriousness. We're dreaming big, for something like an arena!

Yajima: That's right. We have to do our best!

///

Saki-chan has changed, but has Maimi-chan changed?

Nakajima: Leader, weren't you shy as well?

Yajima: I think I've still got that aspect to me, but I'm fine if I'm with someone. It's not my cup of tea when I'm really all on my own with lots of people that I've never met before, I get discouraged. But once my student life ended, there were less chances of that happening (laughs), so I've been alright recently.

Nakajima: I feel like Leader's come to have a calm personality. While you had always been serious, saying 'Yes' to everything you were told, recently you've let out just a bit of composure. Though at concerts, you keep going on in a straight line (laughs).

Can you talk about memories between the 2 of you within these 10 years?

Nakajima: I guess when I went on a Kyoto trip with Leader and Leader's mother 3 years ago. 

Yajima: That was fun, wasn't it? 

///

Nakajima: I like making plans, so I'm the type of person who'll make things like travel guidebooks. So next time, I'll set the plans, and Leader will lead (laughs).

Yajima: Even when the 2 of us went to Disneyland, Nacky guided me, so I was led (laughs).

Well then, how will you be like 10 years in the future?

Nakajima: I hope that Leader will be married, and have built up a happy family. Being married, you'll have more time to yourself, so I feel like you'll get even more active.

Yajima: I wonder how old I'll be when I get married (laughs).I feel like Nacky won't get married. You'd mix with all sorts of people, and enjoy yourself wondering what you'd do each day.

Nakajima: That might be ideal. Sounds like fun. Living by myself, I'd like to call everyone for a home party.

Yajima: Also, I feel like you'd live overseas. If that happens, let me come and hang out, okay.

Nakajima: Yup, you'd get a warm welcome! For you, I'll make a sightseeing guidebook and wait for you (laughs).

///

No comments:

Post a Comment