Tuesday 16 February 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Shimizu Saki x Hagiwara Mai

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Shimizu Saki X Hagiwara Mai

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

While the 2 of you are the most distant in terms of age within BeriKyuu, just as all the fans know, you're very close friends. When did you start getting close?

Hagiwara: Unexpectedly recently, around this past one year.

Shimizu: Last year we had increasingly more activities as BeriKyuu, and as we talked about various things, it turned out that a lot of our opinions were the same, and we ended up hanging out together.

Hagiwara: There was a point in time when we hung out together so frequently that people would comment on my blog posts, 'You're hanging out with Saki-chan again?' (laughs). Up until then, we'd just normally associated with one another, only going 'Hey, morning', but we'd never had discussions or deep conversations.

Shimizu: Maybe it was around the recent GekiHaro (Theatre 'Gekidan GekiHaro Dai 11kai Kouen Sengoku Jieitai'). Up to then, we'd hardly had any involvement, but when we just happened to talk about our thoughts at the time, our thoughts were virtually all the same, and it was then that I found out that there was someone who had the same opinions as me.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

What would you say are the good points of one another?

Shimizu: I guess that I'm so comfortable with her that I don't have to mind about awkward pauses in our conversations.

Hagiwara: You're really level-headed, and we have similar ways of thinking, so the true Mai is exposed.

I get the impression that Mai-chan is lively, but when it's just you and Saki-chan, do you show a different part of yourself?

Shimizu: She's unexpectedly serious. She really thinks about her family, and has her own proper opinions.

Hagiwara: I'm actually the kind of person who doesn't really want to talk too deeply about what I think.

Shimizu: You get easily embarrassed.

Hagiwara: I've had this weird sense of pride from the past, and I never really want to talk about sad stuff. But I let that be seen by Saki-chan as well.

Shimizu: Our standpoint is that we're equal. We don't feel the 5 year difference in age. 

Hagiwara: We think the same way, so there are lots of moments where we're like 'Ah, that's it!'

If that's the case, do you have similar tastes in men?

Hagiwara: We have similar ideals when it comes to men.

Shimizu: It would be nice to get someone who tends to take the lead.

Hagiwara: That definitely has to be the case.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

I wonder how will the 2 of you be like after this?

Hagiwara: I don't know about work, but but the both of us will probably be married. I feel that Saki-chan will be a really reliable housewife. She really likes to keep things clean, so she'd settle up all the cleaning in the morning, and there wouldn't be a speck of dust in her home. Like 'I'll do the housework so come back quickly'.

Shimizu: Mai would be all clingy, as if you were always newlyweds, and you'd always be smiling (laughs). From the outside, you'd get along with your husband like a friend, saying this and that, but he'd spoil you when it's just the 2 of you. You'd act tough in front of friends, telling him 'Don't get close!', but if it's just the 2 of you, you'll be all lovey-dovey.

Hagiwara: Ah, that's embarrassing~.

If just that makes you self-conscious, that means she hit the mark (laughs). By the way, at that time, would you continue with your existing relationship?

Hagiwara: I think we will. Even if we've stopped doing this job, I think we'll continue on as normal. 

Shimizu: That's right. I don't think our sense of values will change. It's just that we're indecisive, so we'll completely be unable to make up our minds about where to eat. I hope we'll fix that (laughs).

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

No comments:

Post a Comment