Thursday 17 December 2015

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Sudo Maasa x Hagiwara Mai

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Sudo Maasa X Hagiwara Mai

ôôô

Your signatures incorporate illustrative elements, but did you think up your signatures yourselves?

Sudo: I thought it up together with my mother. It's my name written in cursive style, with hearts added. In my 8 years in Berryz Kobo, it hasn't changed.


Hagiwara: Mai's was set by my manager-san at first. Since then, it's changed 2, 3 times. I changed various things, putting in serious consideration to be able to write it quickly. Trying to write them out in a notebook, I ended up with something easy to write. At first, there were cute illustrations included since I was a kid, but it was pretty time consuming when I had to write it out one-by-one (laughs).


I'd like to ask you about those times. Do you remember your first encounter?

Hagiwara: I remember it well. Maasa-chan had dyed hair, and she was such a beautiful girl. I think that I didn't know the word 'beautiful' at the time, but you were a girl with a pretty face.

Sudo: Mai-chan was really cute, and because she was still in her first year of primary school, her face was like a baby's, her eyes were droopy. Seeing her, I thought she was adorable.

Hagiwara: Maasa-chan's home is close to mine, so when we were in the Hello! Project Kids, we always went home together.

Sudo: I would head home in the same direction as Mai-chan and Chisato. We were always together when we were in the H!P Kids. Our parents were friendly as well, and Mai-chan's oneechan and my imouto were the same age, and they become friends too (laughs).

Did you go out together as whole families?

Sudo: Our houses are really close, and we go shopping at the same time, so it's like our parents would meet at the neighbourhood supermarket.

Hagiwara: Our sisters mixed together because of that, so we all hung out together.

Sudo: After our lessons ended, we'd go and have a meal together on our way back. But Mai-chan was still small, so after the meal, she'd just fall asleep like that at the family restaurant. It was cute to see her sleeping on her mother's lap (laughs).

ôôô

How will you be like in 10 years time?

Hagiwara: Eh, what'll we be doing?

Sudo: Mai-chan's fashionable, so I feel like you'll be doing something related to clothes. 

Hagiwara: Ah, I'd like to do that! That said, I feel like Maasa-chan will be doing a careful job.

Sudo: What is that? What do you mean!?

Hagiwara: Whatever work you do, I feel you'd do a perfect, careful job. Because in my mind, you're reliable, and you're capable at work. I think that your preciseness won't change even after 10 years. But even if we do different things, because we live close-by, I feel that we'll meet at the supermarket now and then (laughs). Because we do meet one another there, even now.

ôôô

No comments:

Post a Comment