Tuesday 16 June 2015

Idol Frontline 2015: Messages to Berryz Kobo (Okai Chisato & Fukuda Kanon)


Following on from the interviews with Berryz, we have a small selection of active Hello! members giving their thoughts about Berryz. Let's start with their contemporary Okai-chan and known BeriWota Maro.


℃-ute Okai Chisato

• How did you feel when you found out that Berryz would be entering an indefinite hiatus?
'I was shocked, I couldn't believe it, but as their contemporaries, we thought that we should be the ones to give Berryz the most support!'

• Where do you think the charms of the group Berryz Kobo lie?
'Their individuality! Each and every one of them carries themselves! ℃-ute's the exact opposite! (laughs)'

• Who is your oshimen in Berryz Kobo?
'I haven't properly decided on whom (sweats). I'm lost...... But, it's got to be Miyabi-chan!!! She got even cuter when she shortened her bangs ♥'

• What Berryz Kobo song do you particularly like?
"Sabori"
'It kind of makes your heart skip a beat! The verses are adorable ☆☆ I listened to it a lot when I was small!'

• Please tell us about a concert or event where Berryz Kobo left an impression on you
'I was moved seeing all of them cry at their 10th anniversary HinaFes. Then, there was the graduation announcement. ℃-ute broke down in tears (laughs)'

• To you, what sort of presence is Berryz Kobo?
'Among the idols I've seen, Berryz are the idols that make me frustrated, wanting to be like them! I've always been chasing after Berryz' back!

• Is there anything that you learnt from Berryz Kobo or that left an influence on you?
'It's definitely having your own personality, I learnt that from Berryz'

• Please tell us about a memory or episode with Berryz Kobo
'We performed LIVE together for BeriKyuu Island. There are so many memories that I can't choose, but I'm glad we were able to hold concerts together!

• Please give a message for Berryz Kobo
'I hope that once you've graduated from Hello!, each and every one of you will be even happier. Ah- I'm gonna cry (laughs)'


ANGERME Fukuda Kanon

• How did you feel when you found out that Berryz would be entering an indefinite hiatus?
'I couldn't understand, it took some time for it to sink in. So far, the presence of "Berryz Kobo" had become a natural part of our activities, so it was inconceivable that they'd enter an indefinite hiatus'

• Where do you think the charms of the group Berryz Kobo lie?
'When you watch the 7 of them, whomever you're looking at, you'll be able to enjoy yourself. '

• Who is your oshimen in Berryz Kobo?
'Kumai Yurina-san. I myself don't know why, but before I knew it, I was super into her. Even despite her tall, slender appearance in the group, inside she's like an airhead, it's awesome'

• What Berryz Kobo song do you particularly like?
'"Koishiteru Toki ha Itsumo" I feel like its persuasive power goes even deeper as I gain more years. As the B-side to Suppecial Generation, both are cool songs, they're dear to me'

• Please tell us about a concert or event where Berryz Kobo left an impression on you
'That would be "Nyoki Nyoki Champion". I can clearly remember, even now, my oshi Kumai-san appearing with a randoseru and singing "Anshinkan" in a fluffy dress!'

• To you, what sort of presence is Berryz Kobo?
'Oxygen. Something I can't live without. Youth. A big key point of my life.'

• Is there anything that you learnt from Berryz Kobo or that left an influence on you?
'Treasuring one's personality. Others are others, I am myself. I'd like to treasure the things that only I can do'

• Please tell us about a memory or episode with Berryz Kobo
'In the past, Kumai-san appeared to surprise me when I was on a Ustream programme that happened close to my birthday, she fed me cake ♪'

• Please give a message for Berryz Kobo
'For the long long days leading up to your hiatus, thank you for giving us joy, smiles, youth. Up to now, I've received lots of spirit and courage from Beryz Kobo-san's performances. It supported my heart. From now, please enjoy spending your second life for the sake of your own happiness. From the bottom of my heart, I'll look forward to the day when I can see your performances, your concerts again. I can't live without Berryz!! I'll love you even with 100 gags

No comments:

Post a Comment